Photo Monument 8/12/2010
What Do You Want On Your Tombstone?
By Gale Wall
Recently I presented a program to my genealogical society on Cemetery Walks: Research, Beauty & Art. While preparing for the program I compiled 2 online albums on symbolism and art, one containing early day examples and the other modern day.
With the technology we have today we are only limited by our imagination and funds on what we would like to "say" about ourselves on our tombstone. I have an idea of what mine will look like and I plan to have it in place before I actually need it so that [1] I get what "I" want on it and [2] my son doesn't have that to worry with.
Have you thought about what you want on your tombstone? Have you shared that information with those that will be responsible for carrying out your wishes? Do you plan to have yours made before you need it?
Cemeteries...the subject we spend time blogging about. A place we [may] one day occupy. A need we should plan for.
-------------
Gale Wall
http://digitalcemeterywalk.blogspot.com/
Every stone has a story. And they are waiting to be told.
Labels: Photo Monument


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home